Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tacoma Loves Artists



The city of Tacoma is a great place to be if you have creativity in your heart.  Nurturing, cooperative, cutting edge, and fun, the people here don't just say they support the arts, they come out, full force, stomping, chanting, and even loving the arts with the totality of their hearts.

November in Tacoma is a perfect example of this.  It is, and has been for 12 years, Tacoma Art at Work month.  A monthlong celebration of everything and anything art related.  Gallery openings, yes, but that, and a whole lot more.  Arts and cultural happenings every day in November.

I am so happy to say I am one of the 55 artists who are opening their studios for the Studio Tours on November 3rd & 4th so that anyone and everyone can go and check out where the art happens.  This year is especially special for me.  My husband, Ken Marks, has recently rediscovered his love for photography.  Embracing his right brain (which is so very cool since he is a Math Teacher, so very left brain) he has carefully crafted with the keenest photographers eye, amazing images of the Pacific Northwest.  I am excited he is one of the 55 artists showing his work, as a guest, in my Jet Cooperative space.

Recently, Ken and I both were highlighted on the Tacoma Arts Blog.  My dash with fame came on September 26th, his on October 17th.  I feel so honored and blessed, to be a part of a creative family, as well as a creative community right now.  Thank you Tacoma for your support of all artists out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment